An exclusive lodge within the world-renowned Kruger National Park, Imbali Safari Lodge continues the safari tradition of a bygone era. In the 1900’s the African Safari was a journey of great danger and even greater luxury. A mere 558 km from Johannesburg.
Imbali Safari Lodge is located within the private 10 000-hectare concession of Mluwati in the western region of the Kruger National Park, bordering the northern Sabi Sands and Manyeleti Game Reserves.
Due to the lodge being in a private concession area, guests enjoy a once off access fee, standard Kruger entrance fees do not apply. Please be aware of gate entrance times into the Kruger National Park as they vary throughout the year, depending on the season. Entrance into the park via Orpen Gate should be no later than two hours prior to gate closure time and via Kruger Gate should be no later than three hours prior to gate closure times.
Kruger National Park
All 12 private suites have their own private plunge pool, large king beds and a romantic antique-styled bath en-suite. Children 6 years and older are welcome.
subtly decorated in neutral colours with enchanting splashes of African tradition, from the ornate wall lamps to the comfortable textured pillows.
Large French doors run the length of the room to let the beautiful outside wilderness in, an expansive deck overlooks the Nwaswitsontso river or savannah grasslands with a Jacuzzi or outdoor pool to complete your leisure bush experience. Relax on the sunbed with a book or let those bubbles soothe your weary muscles; the chattering of weavers, thrushes and kingfishers providing a magical bush playlist for your relaxation.
DINING AND BARS
Enjoy an extensive cold and hot buffet breakfast in Imbali Safari Lodge’s comfortable dining room; an impressive Jackal berry rising right through the deck of the dining room and the Tsonga-styled thatched roof.
Lunch is a light, informal affair with a buffet laden with tasty salads and meats served in relaxed surroundings. Indulge in High Tea with a delicious selection of cakes and pastries freshly baked at the lodge before embarking on your afternoon’s safari.
Then enjoy a magical three-course dinner under the stars. Good wine and good conversation flow while you listen to the enchanting sounds of the surrounding bush coming alive at night.
Although both lunch and dinner are served at the main lodge, guests can arrange for a private meal on their deck or in-suite.
Safaris in 4 x 4 vehicles
Self-drive in the Kruger National Park
Guided safari walks
Complimentary Wifi in main lodge area.
Spa treatments available in the privacy of your room at an additional charge.
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Please be aware of Park gate times.
- While driving within the Kruger National Park, please adhere to the legal speed limit of 50km per hour on tar roads and 40km per hour on dirt roads.
- Please adhere to the Kruger National Park safety precautions, and do not disembark from your vehicle unless you are in a designated area.
Cell phone reception
- Due to the remote location of the camp, there is no cell phone reception at the lodge. Cell phone signal is only available at the entrance gates and close to Skukuza, it is therefore recommended to make any necessary calls at the gate upon entry. Should you need to make an urgent call, land lines are available.
- The water at the lodge is safe to drink, however, for your convenience complimentary bottled water is provided in the suites.
- As the lodge does not have fences, it is not advisable to walk around alone after dark. Guides will escort you to and from dinner.