Set on the banks of the Mluwati River, in the Kruger National Park, this unique lodge boasts a breath-taking blend of ethnic luxury, encompassing both warmth and style.
Guests will enjoy some of Kruger’s most spectacular landscapes and an extraordinary variety of wildlife, birdlife and plant life within the Mluwati Concession, ensuring that each safari experience will be unique.
Experience a morning and evening game drive during your stay at Hoyo Hoyo. Witness the excitement of the first rains; the terrapins playing in river pools, the call of the Pied Kingfisher and steady chirping of tree frogs. Savour the rich smells of the bush, hear the shrill calls of the Magpie shrike and see the wind blowing through the feather grass dotting the savannah plains.
A Hoyo Hoyo game drive will reveal new scents, curious sounds and the beauty of an extraordinary African landscape to delight your senses.
Mluwati in the western region of the Kruger National Park
Traditional African suites - Guests are accommodated in six circular air-conditioned Tsonga homesteads with traditional earth-coloured walls and tapered thatched reed roofs.
Relax on your private deck looking out on to the bush, take a long, leisurely shower in the open air or melt in to your comfortable king-size bed for an afternoon siesta. It’s your relaxing, informal bush experience on your terms.
DINING AND BARS
Separate bath and outdoor shower
Tea and coffee-making facilities
Enjoy a hearty buffet breakfast with a variety of fruits, nuts, yoghurts, breads, pastries and cheese or opt for a full English breakfast with bacon, sausage and eggs; freshly squeezed orange juice and strong coffee after your morning game drive.
Lunch is a light, informal affair with a buffet laden with tasty salads and meats. Followed not long after by High Tea with tea or coffee to wash down a delicious selection of cakes and pastries baked freshly at the lodge.
After a rewarding evening’s safari, warm yourself around Hoyo Hoyo’s open-air fire and enjoy a magical three-course dinner under the stars. Good wine and good conversation flow while you listen to the enchanting sounds of the surrounding bush coming alive at night.
- Dinner under the African Skies, in an unfenced area of the private concession in the Kruger National Park. Nowhere else in Kruger will you be able to dine with the Big Five.
Safaris in 4 x 4 vehicles
Self-drive in the Kruger National Park
Guided safari walks
There is no Wi-Fi or cellphone signal at this exclusive and remote safari lodge, allowing complete relaxation for guests.
Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge offers indulgent spa treatments and a soothing massage in the seclusion of your private deck with the scents of ylang ylang, vanilla and cedarwood soothing body, mind and soul Indulge in a soothing massage from the comfort of your private deck. Trained therapists hail from the local community and provide a range of massages, including full-body aromatherapy, foot massages and Swedish back and neck massages.
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
- While driving within the Kruger National Park, please adhere to the legal speed limit of 50km per hour on tar roads and 40km per hour on dirt roads.
- Please adhere to the Kruger National Park safety precautions, and do not disembark from your vehicle unless you are in a designated area.
Cell phone reception
- Cell phone signal is only available at the entrance gates and close to Skukuza, it is therefore recommended to make any necessary calls at the gate upon entry.
- The water at the lodge is safe to drink, however, for your convenience complimentary bottled water is provided in the suites.
- As the lodge does not have fences, it is not advisable to walk around alone after dark. Guides will escort you to and from dinner.