An oasis of tranquillity on the banks of the Sabie river surrounded by the Magic of the African Bush, Hippo Hollow is nestled amongst lush indigenous gardens on the outskirts of Hazyview, and is only a 10-minute drive from the world-famous Kruger National Park, making it the ideal destination from which to access the reserves of the Lowveld and the sights of Mpumalanga.
At Hippo Hollow guests are accommodated in unique thatched Garden and River Chalets and Courtyard Hotel Rooms, which either overlook the beautiful gardens or the impressive Sabie River. A variety of delicious dishes accompanied by a selection of South African wines can be enjoyed at Hippo Hollow Restaurant.
A variety of activities await you, from open vehicle safaris in the Kruger National Park to helicopter adventures, swooping over mysterious gorges and cascading waterfalls. Immerse yourself in a feast of culture with a night of Shangaan dance and an unforgettable African Banquet. Relax in the extensive gardens in a hammock by a pool or watch the hippos, crocodiles and other wildlife congregate at the river.
This is not your standard accommodation establishment. Hippo Hollow is non-traditional with a refreshing “Out-of-Africa” vibe leaving you feeling totally relaxed.
River & Garden Chalets
- Just the perfect setting for you to relax and rejuvenate while overlooking the Sabie River or peaceful gardens. The River Chalets are perfect for families with a loft room and two single beds, while the Garden Chalets are a great retreat for couples.
Courtyard Hotel & Standard Rooms
- Ideal for guests who still want the basic comforts of television, WI-FI, air-conditioning and guest amenities. These spacious rooms have balconies and verandas overlooking the estates gardens.
For the budget traveller the air-conditioned Courtyard Standard Rooms offer comfortable thatched accommodation without all the extras. These rooms are on the first floor and have balconies.
DINING AND BARS
King / Twin Beds
State-of-the-art Room Safes
Linen & Towels
Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
Enjoy a delicious meal or sip on cocktails at sunset as you finish off an exhilarating day of spotting South Africa’s most prized animals.
Hippo Hollow Restaurant
- Here you can enjoy a variety of mouth-watering dishes, whilst taking in the sights and sounds of kingfishers, watching elephants having their afternoon drink from the river, or the hippo grazing on the lawn against the backdrop of an African sunset.
Light and spacious restaurant opens out onto an expansive covered deck area leaving guests feeling at one with nature. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily from a menu that is constantly being altered and improved to provide new and innovative ways to present local seasonal food at its best. Guests can complement their delicious meals with a selection of fine South African wines from our wine cellar.
- @ Perry’s Bridge Trading Post - Great food meets café culture with a mix of creative cocktails and delicious food, complimented by an extensive wine list.
Cocktails and heady mixers are designed to enhance your meal experience. From sumptuous breakfasts, lunches and dinners, to coffee delights and superb cocktails, Kuka offers it all and more. Kuka’s mood is sophisticated afro-chic presented in a modern open space, decorated with bright vibrant colours.
Shangaan River Club
- Immerse yourself with a night of Shangaan song and dance and an unforgettable African Banquet. The Shangaan River Club welcomes all to the festivities under the thatched Boma where traditional South African and Shangaan cuisine form a feast in the true sense of the word. This joint venture between Hippo Hollow and the local community provides an enchanting evening blended with history and entertainment under the African night sky.
Hippo Hollow Restaurant with Deck
Public Lounge & Bar Area
Shangaan River Club on-site
Guest Laundry Service
24-Hour Security & Paramedic on Call
Mpumalanga Helicopters on-site
Perry’s Bridge Trading Post Country Shopping Experience
Game drives & walks*
Adventure Activities*: Aerial Cable Trail, Quad Bike (Sabie River Valley), Big Swing, Abseiling, Wall Climbing, Paint Ball, Rafting, White Water Tubing, Inflatable Kayaking & Cascades Helicopter Flight
Elephant and wildlife experiences*
Complimentary Wifi is available at the hotel.