Hamilton’s Tented Camp is located within the private 10 000-hectare concession of Mluwati in the western region of the Kruger National Park, bordering the northern Sabi Sands and Manyeleti Game Reserves.
Guests will enjoy some of Kruger’s most spectacular landscapes and an extraordinary variety of wildlife, birdlife and plant life within the Mluwati Concession, ensuring that each safari experience will be unique.
Experience a morning and evening game drive during your stay at Hamilton’s Tented Camp. Witness the excitement of the first rains; the terrapins playing in river pools, the call of the Pied Kingfisher and steady chirping of sociable tree frogs. Savour the rich smells of the bush, hear the shrill calls of the Magpie Shrike and see the wind blowing through the feather grass dotting the savannah plains. Built entirely of canvas set amidst age-old Jackalberry and Sausage trees, with high wooden platforms linking six elevated tents, Hamilton’s treats guests to stunning views of the Nwatswitsonto River and offers the opportunity to enjoy spectacular wildlife and birdlife sightings. Your encounter with the Kruger bush truly is up close and personal.
Resplendent with early 19th century nostalgia, from its old steamer trunks and pith helmets to its antique bathroom basins and hurricane lanterns, Hamilton’s is a tribute to the generation whose vision has resulted in the conservation of one of Africa’s prime wilderness areas, without compromising on modern-day comforts and luxuries.
Mluwati in the western region of the Kruger National Park.
Guests are accommodated in six exceptionally private luxury elevated tents overlooking the Nwaswitsontso River. From your own private deck, you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the bush that derives its existence from the river.
- Traditional fittings and features such as old brass light switches, steamer trunks with vintage labels revealing exciting journeys and sepia-stained photographs enhance the tradition and style of this ‘turn-of-the-century’ luxury safari tent; modern comforts such as electricity, air conditioning and an outdoor shower the only clues that we live in a different time.
The décor is light and neutral; teak furniture and floors, gilded mirrors and crisp white linens deliver a classy luxury tent experience enhanced by the panoramic bush and river views that begin at the edge of the deck.
DINING AND BARS
Separate bath and outdoor shower
Tea and coffee-making facilities
Dine as you would have in the 1900s. Hamilton’s Tented Camp ensures, whatever the occasion, meals are a classy affair. Dine on deck in relaxed surroundings or enjoy a bush picnic. Homemade baked goods and local specialties are served in beautiful surroundings; the sounds of the bush providing the accompaniment you need for a memorable dining experience.
From champagne breakfasts to High Tea with a delicious selection of cakes and pastries baked freshly at the lodge, even the most discerning foodie will adore Hamilton’s international and African flavours.
- Dinner under the African Skies, in an unfenced area of our Private Concession in the Kruger National Park. Nowhere else in Kruger will you be able to dine with the Big Five.
Safaris in 4 x 4 vehicles
Self-drive in the Kruger National Park
Guided safari walks
No Internet access available.
Spa treatments available in the privacy of your room at an additional charge.
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Gate entrance times
- Please be aware of gate entrance times into the Kruger National Park as they vary throughout the year, depending on the season. Entrance into the park via Orpen Gate should be no later than two hours prior to gate closure time and via Kruger Gate should be no later than three hours prior to gate closure times.
- While driving within the Kruger National Park, please adhere to the legal speed limit of 50km per hour on tar roads and 40km per hour on dirt roads.
- Please adhere to the Kruger National Park safety precautions, and do not disembark from your vehicle unless you are in a designated area.
Cell phone reception
- Cell phone signal is only available at the entrance gates and close to Skukuza, it is therefore recommended to make any necessary calls at the gate upon entry.