Only a 55-minute speedboat transfer brings you to the island of Meerufenfushi and its sole occupant, Meeru Island Resort a well-established resort.
Barefoot is the only way to go on this laid-back island with a chilled atmosphere making it an ultimate relaxed holiday that caters for all tastes. With an excellent house reef, beautiful lagoon and the most perfect stretches of beach; a golf driving range, putting green and 9-hole pitch and putt course, Euro Divers Scuba Centre and great evening entertainment. Guests can stay on the beach or over-water with Jacuzzi options for both, and eat and drink at one of 4 restaurants and 7 bars.
Whether it’s a snorkelling excursion, a sunset cruise or an aerobics class there is sure to be something for all couples.
North Male Atoll, Maldives
Meeru Island Resort has 286 Rooms including: 20 Garden Rooms, 77 Beach Villas, 83 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 27 Water Villas, 77 Jacuzzi Water Villas, and 2 Honeymoon Suites.
) - Spacious, individual wooden bungalows on the beach with a beautiful view of the lagoon.
Jacuzzi Beach Villas
) - With an upgraded bedroom including a four-poster bed, a private, walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two, with a wooden sundeck, chaise lounges, a shade Pavilion or umbrella.
- Located on the beach at the water’s edge, with an upgraded bedroom including a four-poster bed, a spacious bathroom, a private, walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two, a wooden sundeck, chaise lounges, a shade umbrella, a private sundeck with stairs into the sea and a spectacular view of the lagoon.
Jacuzzi Water Villas
) - Located over-the-water, in the lagoon. Featuring a larger, upgraded bedroom suite, a tea/coffee/espresso service; a spacious bathroom; a private walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two, a wooden sundeck, chaise lounges, a shaded area, a private sundeck with stairs into the sea and the most magnificent views of all.
) - Located over-the-water, in the lagoon. These exclusive, luxuriously appointed Suites feature the same facilities as the Jacuzzi Water Villa, plus a combined Living room/dining room area, a bathroom with bath and bidet, a private “lagoon” pool, a breakfast pastry basket and a complimentary bottle of champagne.
DINING AND BARS
King size or two twin beds
Private porch with furniture
Air-conditioning or overhead ceiling fan
Stocked Mini Bar with refrigerator
Complimentary tea/coffee service
Color cable TV
Meeru offers guests an array of dining options including dinner on the beach and room service.
- For guests staying at the Southern end of the island offering buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- For guests staying at the Northern end of the island offering buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Asian Wok Restaurant & Bar
- Specializing in Asian cuisine and Teppanyaki.
Hot Rock Restaurant & Bar
- Featuring seafood, steak or chicken cooked at your table on “hot rocks”.
- Serving ice creams, pastries, panini sandwiches and speciality teas and coffees.
- Located on the beach beside the Dhoni Pool.
- With sports bar facilities such as table tennis, billiards, snooker, foosball table, darts, chess, board games and colour satellite TV coverage of international sporting events.
- Located next to the Maalan Restaurant for guests of age 18 years and older.
- Located on the beach near the Pavilion Pool.
Golf Driving Range, Putting Green, 9 Hole Pitch & Putt Golf Course
Euro Divers Scuba Centre
Meeru Windsurf & Sailing Centre
Billiards, Snooker, Foosball table, Darts, Petanque
Complimentary WiFi in guest rooms and in most public areas.
The Duniye Spa at Meeru, provides a tropical spa experience for women and men, focused on wholeness, simplicity, purity and quality. The therapist’s healing energy combined with Asian massage techniques and using only chemical free, pure organic compounds follows a natural, holistic, personalized approach to caring for each guest’s health, beauty and wellbeing.